July 27, 2011
I’ve had a penchant for stripes for as long as I can remember. You can see in exhibits A through C and honestly, I could likely go through the entire alphabet with pieces tucked throughout my closet (I haven’t even shown you scarves, sweaters, tees) if I needed to really draw up a case. It’s embarrassing, and admittedly I need to employ a little fashion editing in this department.
But, from home goods to clothing, the somewhat French, somewhat nautical simplicity of a stripe gets me every time. So, it’s no surprise my eyes keep wandering towards summery stripe patterns and its cousin, colorblock this season. Here are a few structurally lined things I’d like to add to my overflowing existing collection (with restraint, of course).
1. Sheer Cotton Scarf, Esprit
2. Stripe Mixed Fabric Maxi Dress, Oasis
3. Heather Grey Stripe Cotton Butterfly Sleeve Top, Cielo
4. Marie Top, Fossil
5. Multi Stripe Skirt, Topshop
6. La Pochette Clutch, Clare Vivier
7. University Black Rope Sole Classics, Toms
8. Winston Colour Block Espadrille Wedges, Topshop